This article on Lanzarote Tourism Figures is based on 2017 numbers, and we’ll update it each year with the latest information.
Tourism Figures Overview
Lanzarote, despite it’s small size and a population of only 148,000, receives 3.1 million tourists per year who come here on holiday and a further 400,000 visitors who arrive for the day on cruise ships which dock in Arrecife.
The busiest month for arrivals is April with 292,952, but July, August and October are all over 280,000. But the spread through the year is pretty even, with even the least busy month, May, having 232,537 visitors.
People spend an average of 8.76 nights on the island.
62% of visitors come here on a package holiday, with 38% arranging their own flights and accommodation.
Where our visitors come from
- 46% are from UK
- 15% are from Germany
- 9% are from Ireland
In terms of evolution since 2010:
- The UK market has grown from 807k to 1.45M
- The German market has grown from 280K to 474K
- The Irish market has grown from 184K to 266K
In percentage terms the largest growth is the French market, up to 146K from 21k.
What they spend
In terms of on-island spend, the average is €36.17 per day:
- Visitors from the Spanish mainland spend the most at €44.64 per day
- Visitors from Germany spend the least at €27.69 per day
- Visitors from the UK spend €34.94 per day
Duty free allowances Lanzarote.