Where do we get cheap flights from UK & Irleand?
We were curious to see which airports from the UK and Ireland provide cheap flights to Lanzarote. Of course, this can only ever be a snapshot in time – we checked a random set of dates, and then looked at the lowest priced return flights for two people. Move it by a day, and the answers will be different.
We used specific dates and priced up a one week return flight for two adults, without any extras.
Here’s what we found:
What can we learn from this?
- The average cost is £334, or £167 per person
- The difference between the most expensive and the least is £330
- On the dates we selected, Scottish airports are more expensive than the average
Look at nearby options
Luton and Gatwick are only 70 miles apart, yet you’ll save £108 by flying from the former on the dates we selected.
With East Midlands versus Birmingham, you would save £58.
Think outside the box
On these dates, Edinburgh is expensive, but how about this?
- Fly from Edinburgh to Luton – £92 return with Easyjet
- Then fly from Luton to Lanzarote – £166 return
- Total cost £258 – saving £238 versus a direct flight from Edinburgh – more than enough for an airport hotel at either end and to still have cash left over
Do you love Lanzarote?
The best way to stay in touch with all the Lanzarote news is by subscribing to our famous weekly Lanzarote newsletter, which we’ve been sending out by email every Friday morning since 2008. It’s packed with all the news, latest articles, upcoming events, photos and a video which we shoot fresh from somewhere on the island.
As we said at the top, this is only a snapshot for specific dates, but it’s interesting to see the span of prices and also that the average price of a return cheap flight to Lanzarote for a passenger is £167. To put that into perspective, that’s less than the price of a return train ticket from London to Manchester, and is almost ten times the distance.
And when you consider that you can fly to Lanzarote and back for under £150 per person from three airports in the UK on the dates we selected – that’s amazing value for money!
You can calculate flight prices for your dates here: Lanzarote flights.