Changes To Opening Times For Visitor Centres
Some of Lanzarote’s most popular places to visit have announced extended hours for the summer months. Until 15th September, they are:
- Timanfaya from 0900 until 1845
- Cueva de los Verdes from 1000 until 1800
- Jameos del Agua from 1000 until 1800, and on Tue, Wed and Sat from 1000 until 0030
- Mirador del Río from 1000 until 1845
- Jardin de Cactus from 0900 until 1745
- Monumento al Campesino from 0900 until 1745
- Castillo San José from 1000 until 2000 and on Fri and Sat from 2100 until 0130
- Casa Amarilla from 1000 to 2000 on weekdays and 1000 until 1400 on Saturdays
Passenger Traffic to La Graciosa has Grown 72% in Last 6 Years
521,000 passengers travelled into the port at Caleta de Sebo in 2017, up from just over 300,000 in 2010. La Graciosa is now officially the 8th Canary Island.
Policia Nacional Move To Dispel Myths About Possible Terrorist Attacks
National Police have issued a statement confirming there is no intelligence about possible terrorist attacks in The Canaries, and that the islands are not at a high level of alert, after reports appeared in British tabloids suggesting that was the case. They asked for people to ignore the British newspapers as they spreading information “with the purpose of creating fear.”
British Airways Increasing Flights To Lanzarote
BA will increase their weekly service from London Gatwick from the current 4 flights per week, to 7 flights per week starting on 29th October.
Easyjet Adds Manchester Flights
Easyjet will start a Manchester service to Lanzarote every Wednesday and Saturday starting 30th October, to complement their existing service from Liverpool.
Rory heading home
Popular musician Rory Gallagher is heading home to Ireland after 12 years in Lanzarote. He set up the Island Bar in 2013, and has been performing there 6 nights a week since. He’s returning to Ireland to concentrate on song writing. The bar will continue as a live music venue under new ownership. Rory’s last gig will be on 30th September.