Lanzarote carnival is a magical time to be on the island, with marching bands, floats, dancers and lots of fun and frolics. Anyone can join in! Each area of the island has it’s own carnival and parade, and they all choose a theme each year. You can stick with the theme if you want to, but you can also go your own way and do something different. The drink of carnival is the Cuba Libre – Rum and Coke, with a twist of lime.
Read this to find out more about carnival: What is carnival in Lanzarote?
Are you member of our special club yet? Club Lanza Info.
Lanzarote Carnival Dates 2022
Arrecife – 11th to 20th March *Changed dates* – Theme is “Movies”
Puerto del Carmen – 3rd to 6th March – Theme is “Super Heroes”
Teguise, La Graciosa & Costa Teguise – 14th to 20th March – Theme is “The world of stories”
Playa Blanca – 25th to 27th March – Theme is “The Jungle”
San Bartolomé – 22nd February to 4th March – Theme is Jurassic Bart.
Tinajo – 14th to 20th March
Haría – 10th to 13th March
Main Parades – Lanzarote Carnival Dates 2022
It is unlikely that carnival parades will be held in Lanzarote for 2022 due to Covid restrictions. The various councils are planning to hold carnival events to showcase the Murgas, Comparsas & Batucadas groups with a limited crowd capacity.
Carnival Programmes – Lanzarote Carnival Dates 2022
Puerto del Carmen :
- Carnaval events 3rd – 6th March 2022 with Murgas, Comparsas, Batucadas, Drag Queens & children’s spectacular. No parade or fiesta parties. Free tickets: https://www.ecoentradas.com/
- 18th March carnival celebration in La Villa de Teguise. Los Carneros de El Hierro y Los Diablos de Luzón de Guadalajara are among the groups participating in the Traditional Carnival of Teguise. In the Plaza de Los Leones at 20:00.
- 19th March special gala event in Costa Teguise (no parade). Starting at 11:00 at the amphitheatre by Playa Las Cucharas there’s family fun for the Carnaval de los Cuentos with characters from Teguise’s musical youth and DJ Ángel Pérez. At 19:30 in the same location the Gran Gala del Carnaval with drag queens, comparsa Los Cumbacheros, batucada menuda Caña, Los Diabletes and more. Entrance is free & places are limited.
Playa Blanca :
- 25th March Canine Carnival 5PM & Murgas at 9PM
- 26th March children’s carnival 11AM & Comparsas at 9PM
- 27th March Live music from 12:30PM & Drag Queen event at 20:30PM
- All events held at The Esplanade in front of the Lanzarote Princess Hotel, entry limited to tickets holders to control numbers. Tickets are free at http://www.ecoentradas.com or by calling 928 296 726
Thursday, March 10
5:30 p.m. Grand Carnival Gala for the elders of the municipality with performances by the singer Daniel Moisés, the comedian Juanito Panchín and the troupe Los Guaracheros.
Seating is limited, so participation will require prior registration by calling 928836018 until Wednesday, March 9. At the time of registration, those older people who wish to, may request a place on the bus that will pass through all the towns in the municipality.
Friday, March 11
21:00. Inaugural gala of the “La Magia” Carnival. With performances by Artem Magic, DJ Ángel Pérez, the School of Latin Dances ‘El Norte Dance’, Drag Queen, Luis Perdomo and Borja Pérez and Los Cumbacheros.
Saturday, March 12
8:15 p.m. La Murgota The Nutrioptimists “Whoever wants to take it, let them coach it”. Next: Tribute to Selena
Sunday, March 13
5:00 pm. Children’s Gala with costume contest and performances.
The capacity will be limited. Registration will be through the website www.billetto.es and will be available from Saturday, March 5, at 8:00 a.m. More information on the phone 637 893 008, from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.