Here’s a selection of our books and guides relating to Lanzarote:
Living in Lanzarote
Living in Lanzarote is a book which covers the first six years after our family’s move to the island at the turn of the century.
It will tell you why we chose to make the move, our ups and downs in coming to terms with that decision, and how we slowly integrated into The Canarian way of life.
It’s an upbeat book, because things went well for us, and we grew a large and successful business after starting with very little. Our children grew up in the wonderful safe environment that Lanzarote provides to those of us lucky enough to live here.
The book was completed in 2006, and is a valuable insight for anyone contemplating a move to the island. Its 106 pages long.
You can order Living in Lanzarote as a paperback at £9.99 + tax and shipping, or at £2.75 for your Amazon Kindle.
Still Living in Lanzarote
If you’ve read Living in Lanzarote, you’ll know that the book covered our first six years after we moved to the island, and you’ll also know that the book was emphatically positive, as everything seemed to go very well for us!
The follow up takes us from 2006 until 2014, and includes some extremely tough years for us. Years when we battled the recession and lost almost everything we had worked so hard for. Years when we struggled against difficulties in restoring our old house and coped with the loss of one member of the group of five of us who originally arrived on the island so full of hope.
But it also tells the story of how we slowly began to turn things around, how we gave birth to a completely new business, transformed ourselves from couch potatoes into Ironmen and it charts our continuing adventures and new discoveries on the island that we now know will always be our home.
I’ve pulled no punches in this book, and some of it is gritty and controversial. I make no apologies for that – I’ve simply told it how it was.
You can order Still Living in Lanzarote as a paperback at £10.99 + tax and shipping, or at £2.75 for your Amazon Kindle.
The Camel Guide to Relocating to Lanzarote
If you are thinking that one day you’d like to relocate yourself or your family and live on the wonderful island of Lanzarote, then this book is for you. It’s an amalgamation of four year’s worth of writing on our Lanzarote Information website, where we have selected the relevant articles and amended them to suit your needs.
You’ll find out about:
- Facts & figures about the island
- The health care service
- The banking system
- The paperwork including residencia, empadronamiento and NIE and NIF
- Buying a property
- Pets – transporting them to the island and what constitutes a dangerous pet
- Cars – buying them, driving here and getting them ITV’d
- Utilities – electricity and water bills
- What to do in a whole series of emergencies
- Schooling for your kids, including contact details of all the island’s schools
- Shopping – where to buy food like a local and avoid resort prices
- Getting a phone line internet and mobile phones
- How to get jobs or set up your own business (including being self employed)
The Camel Guide to Relocating to Lanzarote will become your companion both before your move and in the early months when you most need help.
This is the E Book version - you can download it and read it on your computer, tablet or phone. You can also add it to your Kindle device - just connect your Kindle to your computer and add the file to the "My documents" folder on your Kindle.
If you prefer the paperback version you can order it using the link below, the price is £10.98 + tax and shipping.
Ten Walks in Lanzarote
This E-Book consists of details of ten walks you can do in Lanzarote, ranging from short and easy walks in the resort areas to some more challenging ones you can do in the countryside of Lanzarote.
We've done each walk and written it up with information on the route and what you can expect to see on it. It should be noted these aren't detailed walking guides with maps and distances, but merely our observations as we have been out walking. Each walk has many full colour photos which will show you the way and what to look for.
The ten walks are:
- A city walk along the coast from Arrecife to Matagorda
- Walking the Red de Paseos in the family resort of Costa Teguise
- A seaside walk in the south of the island Paseo Maritimo, Playa Blanca
- Exciting walk into the valley of a thousand plams - Malpaso Way, Haria
- See Lanzarote's only dam - Presa de Mala - Lanzarote’s Dam
- A coastal short walk from Puerto del Carmen to Puerto Calero
- A challenging walk for the fit - Mirador del Rio to Risco de Famara
- An easy coastal walk - Puerto Calero to Playa Quemada
- A discovery walk - Cueva del Agua, Los Cocoteros
- Another south of the island walk - San Marcial del Rubicon, Playa Blanca
The E-Book will come to you as a downloadable PDF, which you can view on a phone, tablet or computer and you can print the walks if you prefer them on paper. You can also add them to your Kindle. Connect your Kindle to your computer, and simply drag the PDF into the "Documents" folder.