We’ve produced a handy PDF which gives you details of ten walks you can do on the island.
As avid walkers, we’ve explored the highways and byways of Lanzarote for many years, and we’ve selected ten to give you a fair cross section of walks you can do in various parts of the island and they range from easy, flat walks anyone can do, to some more challenging walks which will get you out into Lanzarote’s real countryside.
Each walk comes with loads of full colour images, and a description from when we actually did the walk. These aren’t detailed hiking guides, so you don’t get distances and elevations and all that stuff – they’re simply our observations while being out and about, and there’s enough information in each for you to find the start and follow in our footsteps.
The ten walks we cover are:
1/ Arrecife to Matagorda
2/ Red de Paseos, Costa Teguise
3/ Paseo Maritimo, Playa Blanca
4/ Malpaso Way, Haria
5/ Presa de Mala – Lanzarote’s Dam
6/ Puerto del Carmen to Puerto Calero
7/ Mirador del Rio to Risco de Famara
8/ Puerto Calero to Playa Quemada
9/ Cueva del Agua, Los Cocoteros
10/ San Marcial del Rubicon, Playa Blanca
The PDF is 63 pages long, and you can download it instantly to your tablet, phone or computer, from where you can print it. You can also add it to your Kindle.
This is the first of a series of inexpensive guides we’re in the process of producing. The price is €3.95 and you will be able to download it instantly.
Here’s where to find out more about the book and order your copy:
This E-Book consists of details of ten walks you can do in Lanzarote, ranging from short and easy walks in the resort areas to some more challenging ones you can do in the countryside of Lanzarote.
We've done each walk and written it up with information on the route and what you can expect to see on it. It should be noted these aren't detailed walking guides with maps and distances, but merely our observations as we have been out walking. Each walk has many full colour photos which will show you the way and what to look for.
The ten walks are:
- A city walk along the coast from Arrecife to Matagorda
- Walking the Red de Paseos in the family resort of Costa Teguise
- A seaside walk in the south of the island Paseo Maritimo, Playa Blanca
- Exciting walk into the valley of a thousand plams - Malpaso Way, Haria
- See Lanzarote's only dam - Presa de Mala - Lanzarote’s Dam
- A coastal short walk from Puerto del Carmen to Puerto Calero
- A challenging walk for the fit - Mirador del Rio to Risco de Famara
- An easy coastal walk - Puerto Calero to Playa Quemada
- A discovery walk - Cueva del Agua, Los Cocoteros
- Another south of the island walk - San Marcial del Rubicon, Playa Blanca
The E-Book will come to you as a downloadable PDF, which you can view on a phone, tablet or computer and you can print the walks if you prefer them on paper. You can also add them to your Kindle. Connect your Kindle to your computer, and simply drag the PDF into the "Documents" folder.
Last Updated on