We managed to find this, and it’s a “must watch – ” a 1980’s video of Lanzarote! It’s an English language promotional video, and it’s a little over 20 minutes long, but do watch to to see:
- The early days of Club La Santa with sunbeds around the 50 metre pool
- Haria before the football stadium was built
- Arrecife when the sardine factory was still working
- The salt pans below The Mirador del Rio still in use
- Teguise, filmed from the castle was less than half the size it is today
It’s also interesting that Cesár Manrique isn’t mentioned, even though he was very much alive at the time, and the crew spent plenty of time filming his various creations.
Here we go:
Did you Concorde had been to Lanzarote? Here’s the story.