May is Ironman month in Lanzarote, and it’s the island’s largest sporting spectacular.
Contestants swim 3.8 KM in the ocean at Puerto del Carmen, then embark on a 180 KM bike ride all around the island, before finishing it off with a 42.2 KM marathon along the ocean front promenade. The days starts at 7AM and doesn’t finish until midnight, and there is an amazing party atmosphere in central Puerto del Carmen all day.
Around 2,000 athletes compete each year in Ironman Lanzarote.
Our exclusive offer will have you on the island at the beginning of the week to enjoy some relaxation and watch the Ironman set up, you’ll be here for race day, and the day after to enjoy the many celebration parties, and we’ll provide you with a detailed race day schedule, which will take you to watch the best parts of the race all around the island, and to meet up with Julie and Mike, the Lanzarote Information team, to give you our experience and knowledge, based on years of volunteering for the event and competing in it.
Here’s the full low down, and is based on two sharing:
- You’ll fly from Manchester on 21st May 2018 with 15KG luggage each (other airports available, please ask)
- Arriving at Lanzarote Airport, you’ll collect a hire car (Price based on a small hatch with AC, but convertibles are available at a supplement!)
- You’ll drive to your accommodation – Lanzarote Palm, which is where we stayed when we competed in the event. You’ll be staying in a one bedroom apartment with AC on a self catering basis for seven nights
- From Tuesday to Friday, you’ll be able to relax in the Lanzarote sunshine, but you might choose to watch or join the athletes training in the ocean and the set up for race day.
- On Friday evening, you’ll be watching Ironkids, where children compete in a smaller triathlon event, and watch the athletes rack their bikes for the following day’s race.
- On race day, you’ll be on the beach at 7AM to watch the race start, which is amazing! You’ll have a full itinerary of the best places to watch transition, the bike and the run section.
- Julie and Mike will be at three different parts of the bike and run course to meet you, and will be happy to share their experience and knowledge, over a coffee or a beer.
- You’ll see the pro male and female winners cross the line!
- In the evening, you’ll find out how long you can stay awake watching the last entrants come home. If you can hang on until midnight you’ll witness some emotional scenes.
- On the Sunday, we’d recommend walking The Strip to find and join in with the many finisher’s parties which will be taking place in bars.
- You’ll fly home on the Monday, dropping your car back at the airport.
Total package price is just £474 per person. That includes everything – flights, luggage, accommodation, car hire and pre race spectators pack.
Limited numbers, so enquire for more information now:
Last Updated on