Where do we get cheap flights from UK & Irleand?
We were curious to see which airports from the UK and Ireland provide cheap flights to Lanzarote. Of course, this can only ever be a snapshot in time – we checked a random set of dates, and then looked at the lowest priced return flights for two people. Move it by a day, and the answers will be different.
We used specific dates and priced up a one week return flight for two adults, without any extras.
Here’s what we found:
What can we learn from this?
- The average cost is £334, or £167 per person
- The difference between the most expensive and the least is £330
- On the dates we selected, Scottish airports are more expensive than the average
Look at nearby options
Luton and Gatwick are only 70 miles apart, yet you’ll save £108 by flying from the former on the dates we selected.
With East Midlands versus Birmingham, you would save £58.
Think outside the box
On these dates, Edinburgh is expensive, but how about this?
- Fly from Edinburgh to Luton – £92 return with Easyjet
- Then fly from Luton to Lanzarote – £166 return
- Total cost £258 – saving £238 versus a direct flight from Edinburgh – more than enough for an airport hotel at either end and to still have cash left over
As we said at the top, this is only a snapshot for specific dates, but it’s interesting to see the span of prices and also that the average price of a return cheap flight to Lanzarote for a passenger is £167. To put that into perspective, that’s less than the price of a return train ticket from London to Manchester, and is almost ten times the distance.
And when you consider that you can fly to Lanzarote and back for under £150 per person from three airports in the UK on the dates we selected – that’s amazing value for money!
You can calculate flight prices for your dates here: Lanzarote flights.
Last Updated on